Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A veggie success story

I have been trying to get Red to eat carrots for forever now. She loved them when she was just starting to eat, and then liked 'em cut up in circles for awhile. Then she just quit eating them. So, I have been trying to figure out different ways of preparing them so she will eat them. I've tried everything..steamed, cubed, with dip (she just licks the dip off and throws the carrot on the floor), a whole carrot to carry around and play with...nope, nada, nothing.

Today, however, I may have stumbled upon the answer-----carrot matchsticks! Why I didn't think of this before I don't know. She ate a handful of them at lunch while doing her food-happy dance, so I know she was enjoying them. Yay!



Dilly Pickles even got in on the action :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woohoo look at Dilly go.......that is cute! Love reading your new explored realm into becoming a Vegan, and just a healthy eating/living women and family. Look forward to the next post. And love the pics with the entry,looks like some yummy din din going on in Hall home ;-)
Aloha
Smooches