Friday, September 08, 2006

Peek-a-boo



Today's snack...rice cakes w/ peanut butter, bananas, and raisins. Good stuff. Red ate in layers and enjoyed every bite. I cut mine in half and ate like a sandwich. Can't say I'm overly fond of rice cakes, but they are tolerable.



A peek into the pantry :)~ Only because this is the first time in my 35 years of life that I have anything in my pantry that wasn't hamburger helper and mac/cheese.



Corn chowder for dinner. The recipe is from Vegan with a Vengeance---great cookbook, I check it out of the library every month or so and make a couple recipes. One of these days I will break down and purchase a copy.

Two problems I had with this, both mine and not the recipes. First, my veggie broth was way too strong. Second, I didn't blend enough of it to make a true chowder....more like a thick soup. Still good, but next time I will tame the broth and blend more.

1 comment:

Lietta said...

Rice cake treat looks yummy. I am thoroughly impressed with your pantry - way to go and it is soothing to me to see. Love your photo sharing at this blog and enjoy reading your progression. You have taken on with dedication and committment a life style change which is not an easy transition.

Congratulations! Now I can learn from your own efforts and we need to get back to where we left off in lifestyle changes before I got lost in anxiety of Iraq.