Sunday, January 07, 2007

Happy New Year

Better late than never, right?

I love, love, love when a product says 'vegan' right on the package. No guessing, no phone calls to the company, no googling the ingredients......the package says right on it vegan. Whoop whoop!! Here is one such product:



Good stuff....everyone ate it! The instructions say to add 3/4 cup veggies if you want.....I added about 3 cups. :)~ The sauce barely stretched, but everyone was eating it up.......mmm mmm goood.



This past Thanksgiving was a little sparse for us. I was wholly unprepared to try and make a vegan feast. So, I decided to prepare throughout the year for Thanksgiving 2007. My first test recipe was a baked acorn squash recipe with apples and spice. Very good and will definitely be served on feast day :)



Based on a recommendation from another blog, we tried these sweet potatoe fries. Pretty good. Will probably buy again, although I think homemade taste just as good.



And finally a sign of the times..organic salsa....weeeeeee! (I'm not sure if Pace is vegan, and I will find out someday, just not quite ready to hear its not.)



That's it for now. Thanks for stopping by :)

1 comment:

Lietta Ruger said...

It all looks good, and I think I'd really like those vegan Asian noodles..heh, heh.

Pace Salsa or Picante HAS to be vegan - please - of course, don't tell me different please.

Like the acorn squash with apples idea and perfect for Thanksgiving next year.

Sweet potatoes, yep, good mainstay any time of the year. I want to try to plant and grow some this spring.

Enjoy your blog updates at both blogs.