Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Lica's "Magical" Lentil Loaf

We had a great dinner tonight. Why was it so great? Everyone ate. It's a happy dinner when everyone eats dinner. Boo liked it 'cause it was "meaty", Emo kid liked it because she was just plain hungry, I liked it 'cause its my kind of food, Dilly liked it because, well, Dilly eats everything. Red is the only holdout. She ate some applesauce. She's sooo picky these days.

On to the dinner pics:




The lentil loaf looks so real, it's kinda creepy, but it really is all vegan! I am not really fond of doing the fake meat stuff, and someday I'll be able to get away from it, but right now while I'm converting the rest of the family, I must prepare look-alikes every once and awhile.

This was actually fun to make. Here's the "magical" link to the recipe.....have fun creating your own special loaf!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I named mine Lica's Loaf...lol)



Here's the whole meal.....lentil loaf with "Punk Rock Chickpea Gravy," baby red potatoes, and steamed broccoli. Good stuff! (Fuzzy picture - so sorry)

No comments: