Saturday, February 24, 2007

Broccoli Sauce and Penne


Having lots of broccoli to use up, I wanted to try something new. I found this recipe for broccoli sauce and decided to give it a whirl. It was alright, but not quite there.

1 cup of cooked broccoli
1/2 cup of lemon juice
basil
garlic

Blend away and add water for consistency. It gives the pasta a tangy flavor
that resembles pesto.


I forgot the lemon, added some seasoning (Mrs. Dash), and added a touch of nutritional yeast. I have never had pesto, so either I am not a fan of pesto-type pasta topping, or I just favor a creamy sauce.



Some modifying might make it work better. I think I need to figure out some sort of creamy stuff to add to it to make it more sauce-like. I just bought the "Uncheese Cookbook" --- maybe I'll find something in it to supplement this recipe.

No comments: