Thursday, February 15, 2007

Fresh and Beany

Fresh Abundance delivery


How great is this box of food? Let me tell you --- not only is all this food organic, and/or safe, it's also local whenever possible. The best part though is that it is delivered to my door every week. Woohoo! Every week, starting this week, we will get a box of fruit and veggies. Do we know what's in the box every week? Nope! Ain't it great. If I really wanted to know, I could go look it up on the website, but I am enjoying the idea of getting a box of food each week and being surprised. This week wasn't all that interesting, they said because of the big freeze the boxes are going to be a little scarce. That's okay by me.....I can wait it out. I didn't do such a great job with the picture, but this week's box had broccoli, collard greens, celery, spinach, potatoes, sweet potato, two varieties of apples, tangerines, bananas, an avocado, and grapefruit. There was even a snack bag of tamari roasted pumpkin seeds.....mmm, good.




Chickpea Loaf, Mashed Cauliflower w/ Gravy, Steamed Broccoli, and a simple salad.



I've posted about the magical loaf studio before, and I used it again to create this chickpea loaf. Not nearly as good as the lentil loaf I made, but with a little tweaking it can be fabulous. My favorite part of this meal though was the mashed cauliflower. With my new food processor and this recipe from fatfreevegan.com, it turned out wonderfully! It is very reminiscent of mashed potatoes. In fact, it will take the place of mashed potatoes around here. (Most of the time anyway.) I made the punk-rock chickpea gravy from VWAV again, except this time I smoothed it out a bit in the processor. This group isn't too fond of chunky gravy.





And here are a couple pictures of the kids eating spaghetti. Just because :)

1 comment:

Veg-a-Nut said...

I love the magic meatloaf site. We have used it before and the family seemed to enjoy it. I wish we could get a surprise package at our door. I love surprises. I have only made the chickpea gravy once and sadly no one liked it. Toooo much lemon. Do you follow it to a "T". I really want it to work