Monday, May 21, 2007

Patriotic Salad



A simple salad that went well with a beans and rice dish. My mother and grandmother came over for a visit, and my mom made this salad. I think it was the first time she rolled lettuce and cut it confetti style 'cause she thought I was crazy when I explained it to her. I made it again the next week, but substitued spinach for the romaine, and only used strawberies as I was out of blueberries.




The little ones picked at the salad the first time it was made, so the second time I blended it up -- no one told them that pudding isn't green!




Recipe Link - DrFuhrman.com


Dr. Fuhrman's Patriotic Salad

1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
6-12 lettuce leaves
1 banana
1/2 cup soy milk

Blend banana and soy milk to make topping. Arrange berries and lettuce leaves in a bowl. Pour topping over fruit and serve.

1 comment:

Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

WOW! YUM! I am impresssssssssssed...

Love your blog - I'll definitely be back...